Boulder Bash 2017
September 2, 2017
Boulder Bash 2017 is a climber gathering put on each year. We’ll be having a climbing competition, and the first 30 registrants will be entered to win the brand new North Lake Tahoe climbing guide. Funds raised for this event will be going towards rebolting Big Chief. There will be thousands of dollars of prizes brought to you by our sponsors!
- Registration: 7-8am
- Climber’s Meeting: 8am
- Competition Begins: 8:30am
- Competition Ends: 4:30 pm
- Awards/ Raffle prizes: 5:30pm
- Live Music: 6:30-9:30 pm
- Party Ends: 11pm ish
- Scoring will be based upon the climber’s 10 hardest climbs of the day. Each climb must be written on the score sheet and initialed by another climber. Scoring is on the “honor system” but keep in mind we will have event judges roaming the climbing areas. Each number grade is worth 100pts, so a v5 would be worth 500pts. VO is worth 50pts.
- Please refer to the “Bouldering Lake Tahoe” North/West Edition guidebook for graded problems/routes. (pgs 85-128)
- If a competitor scores three or more climbs in a higher scoring bracket, the climber will automatically be entered into the next level of competition. ie A climber that enters the beginners brackets scores 3 V7’s on his score card will be automatically entered into the intermediate bracket.
- All score sheets must be returned to judges at Hutchinson Lodge by 4:30pm to avoid penalties or disqualification. There will be a 500 pt penalty if scorecard is late.
- Climbers who go to Silver Platter/Slam Dunk area and send at least one problem at Castle Peak get an extra 100 points.
- Gain extra 50 points for any climb with Highball icon. Also gain extra 50 points for any problem with light bulb (technical difficulty) icon.This allows an extra 100 points to be gained per problem.
- Tie breaker will be based off 3 other hardest climbs on score card not counted for initial 10 climb score. If still tied then prize packages are split.
Pricing / Brackets
- Men $40 day of event, $35 pre-registration
V4 and below, V5 and above
- Women’s $40 day of event, $35 pre-registration
V2 and below, V5 and above
- Youth $30 Day of event, $25 pre-registration
V2 and below, V3 and above
- Groms ages 13 and below $25 day of event, $20 pre-registration
- First 30 registrants are entered to win the new North Lake Tahoe guide book!
Hutchinson Lodge, 20850 Donner Pass Rd, Soda Springs, CA 95728
Directions from Hutchinson Lodge/ Clair Tapaan Lodge: Carpooling strongly encouraged!!
Head west from the Clair Tapaan Lodge Parking lot for about 5 minutes until reaching highway 80. Turn right/ east on Hwy 80 for 5 minutes until reaching the Castle Peak/ Boreal off ramp. Turn Left and go under Hwy 80 and straight and road will go up and right and turn to dirt.
To approach the Lower Area/ Treasure Cove area from the dirt road go 100 yds. up the hill and through the gate and turn left. From left turn go .5 miles up the hill and look for a dirt pullout for parking.
To approach Upper Area/ Tsunami area drive 1.1 miles past the Lower area parking turning left at the fork in the road. Continue another .3 miles and make a faint left onto at a second fork in the road which will lead you up to a plateau for parking.
Funds raised will go to the project of rebolting Big Chief!
Brought to you by…